Welcome to La Sierra University!
University Experience is open to high school juniors and seniors. Spending a few days at La Sierra will not only give you the chance to see our campus, but also the opportunity to take a sneak peek into the academic, social, and spiritual experiences of a La Sierra University student. Be sure to take advantage of this event as we pack the experience of a university year into one informative, action-packed two-day visit!
Why Should you Attend?
There’s no better way to get to know our university than to spend time with our faculty and hang out with current La Sierra students while experiencing this unique community.
At University Experience you will:
- Meet faculty and staff.
- Interact with current and prospective students.
- Meet activity leaders and representatives from numerous clubs on campus.
- Participate in hands-on learning activities created by La Sierra University professors and students.
- Learn about the admission process, financial aid, and scholarship opportunities available at La Sierra.
Our Sunny Location?
Whenever you decide to visit, you can expect plenty of sunshine as we tour the campus and our classrooms. Riverside offers great shopping areas and a wide variety of restaurants, along with art museums, city parks, and a farmer’s market. Plus, we’re only an hour’s drive from the beach and the mountains.
If you Can't Attend?
No worries! Give us a call at 951.785.2325 and we’ll be happy to schedule an individual visit that works for you. Organizing a group visit? Please ask for Enrollment Services when you call, and we’ll take care of all the details!
Schedule and Dates
University Experience is a great way to “test drive” a La Sierra University education. This year’s event will take place November 5-6. We look forward to seeing you!
Tuesday November 5 (for students that live over 75 miles from our campus)
Arrival and Registration: Register, freshen up, then join the FUN at the Island Pool Party starting at 6:30pm. (Last one there has to perform a dance!) Network with your future peers, listen to music, eat, drink, and be merry!
Angwin Worship: Presented by the Residence Halls. Recharge your SOUL with a spiritual experience that’s actually part of our weekly worship schedule.
Wednesday November 6 (for all students)
- Breakfast: Experience for yourself why La Sierra’s cafeteria is known as “The Best.”
- Worship: A special worship just for you!
- Academic Fair: Meet and greet your future professors who are anxious to share what’s going on in your program of interest.
- Lunch: Hungry? Join us for a HUGE buffet on the center lawn of our beautiful campus.
- Information Sessions: Learn exactly what you need to know about admission and financial aid for the coming years.
- Finale: Hear from key people of the university, win free stuff, grab a shirt, and celebrate your presence!
If you are leaving this afternoon – bon voyage. If you are staying another night, we will be happy have you, just be sure to let us know.
Students get to enjoy the University Experience weekend for free! Airfare reimbursement is also available for all students attending from out of state. Parents and chaperons (bringing 4 students or less) will be responsible for some costs. If dorm rooms are available, you may stay on campus for free. Or you may stay in our local Hampton Inn for a discounted rate of $82/day. A fee of $20 will cover your on-campus meals and entertainment.
Incentives for Sponsors
Sponsors: If you are bringing a group of 5 students or more but you are NOT a part of a sponsoring academy – GREAT. Here is what you will get::
- receive a free NOOK Tablet™!
- stay at our local Hampton Inn & Suites for free!
- be reimbursed for your gas!
Incentives are limited to the first 10 sponsors to sign up.
You must register on-line by November 1, 2013
University Experience is almost here and we cannot wait to have you on our campus! If your Academy is already planning on attending this event you DO NOT need to register. However, if you will not be accompanied by your Academy/school please complete the registration form below.
Registration Period Expired
The registration form was deactivated. If you have any questions, please call (951) 785-2000.