Student Financial Services/Financial Aid
If you are applying for federal financial aid, itís very important that you follow these step-by-step instructions starting the January before the Fall term you plan to attend. Please note these instructions are not relevant for international students.
- Submit the FAFSA form no earlier than January, but in time to meet the priority deadline of March 2. Undergraduates: Be certain to include the GPA verification form.
- If there are any special family circumstances for us to consider, send a letter of explanation and documentation to the Office of Student Financial Services.
- If you have not submitted the FAFSA, do so now online. Recommended mailing deadline is February 15. The FAFSA must be received at the federal processor by March 2 to be considered for all types of campus-based funds.
- Cal Grant recipients: By February 25, submit the following to the Registrarís Office:
— your Cal Grant GPA verification form if youíre an undergraduate student
— your test scores if youíre a graduate student
- You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) from the federal processor four to six weeks after submitting the FAFSA. Check the SAR carefully.
- California residents—new applicants only: Meet the March 2 FAFSA postmark deadline for the Cal Grant and graduate fellowships.
- Complete your financial aid file by submitting all requested documents.
- Notify the Office of Student Financial Services of any external scholarships you have been awarded. This information is important for finalizing your financial aid package.
- If you havenít done so already, complete your financial aid file by submitting all requested documents.
- Watch for your official Award Letter from La Sierra if your FAFSA is on file, your financial aid file is complete, and youíve been admitted.
- Register online for your Fall classes.
- Make financial payment or arrangements.
- Clear your finances after registration and complete the tuition payment plan form. To avoid deletion of your classes, you must make your payment arrangements before September 15.
- If awarded Federal Work Study (FWS), obtain the FWS Authorization Form from the Office of Human Resources and begin looking for a work study job.
- If you were awarded and need Federal Subsidized, Unsubsidized, or PLUS Loans, complete the loan application(s) online.
- If you havenít done so already, complete the registration process by making your Fall financial clearance payment by September 15.
- If you are on the tuition payment plan, your first tuition payment will be due by September 15. Call or email Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Secure a work study or other student employment position with the Human Resource Department.
- New Students: If you are receiving a Federal Direct Loan, complete you master promissory note online.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at:
STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
La Sierra University
4500 Riverwalk Parkway
Riverside, CA 92515