Marine Biology Week
For Marine Biology Week, students will be tent camping at Cyrstal Cove State Park in Laguna. During their stay, students will participate in a fish dissection and discover new creatures while tidepooling. In addition, a kayaking tour will give students the opportunity to see California Sea Lions up close, as well as other marine wildlife, with the possibility of dolphin and whale sighting. A trip to the Pacific Marine Mammal Center will provide insight to marine rescue and rehabilitation. Another tour, to the Long Beach Aquarium, is planned to close out the week.
Marine Biology Week will be held from Sunday, June 30 to Wednesday, July 3, 2013.
- Check in will be from 9:45-10:00a on Sunday
- Check out will be at 8:00p on Wednesday
*subject to change*
- Sunday: On-campus Introduction, Camp Setup, Beach Surroundings
- Monday: Fish Dissection & Discussion, Tidepooling, Sustainability, Basketball & Volleyball
- Tuesday: Kayaking to Seal Rock, Pacific Marine Mammal Center, Beach BBQ & Games
- Wednesday: Pack-up Camp, Long Beach Aquarium