Get ready for September
La Sierra University continues to look for ways to make your learning experience better. We want to use class time to focus on collaborative learning, problem-solving, data analysis and activities that will help to prepare you for the careers of the future. Faculty members need to know that all students are able to access the needed information in technologically-enhanced classes.
So, here is what La Sierra University is doing:
• Upgrading the speed and reliability of our internet service.
• Upgrading wireless access across campus.
• Encouraging faculty members to adjust courses, as appropriate, to take better advantage of technology.
• Providing increased support for Blackboard Learn.
• Seeking e-book options as they become available to save you money on textbooks wherever possible.
Here is what we are asking you to do:
• Bring to class a laptop computer, tablet computer, or similar portable device that can access the internet and do word processing and data analysis. This is a requirement for all students starting this fall.
• If you have questions regarding this new policy or specific software requirements for your academic program, please contact your academic advisor. Our campus computing labs such as MICOL will continue to be available to you.
To the best of our knowledge, La Sierra University is among the first universities to require laptop computers or similar portable devices for all students. We want you to be on the leading edge. See you in September!
message from the Provost
If you do not already have a laptop or tablet computer, these links may helful*.
REFURBISHIED equipment (great way to save money)
* Please note that La Sierra University does not endorse or gain financially from any vendor listed here.