Biology Department News
NEW BIOLOGY DEPARTMENT MAJOR!!!
MAJOR IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE:
Environmnet Science is an interdisciplinary program which inclueds the study of natural processes and humans impact on the soils, atmosphere, and the aquatic systems. The program is built not only on the foundation of the sciences but also in history, politics, literature, communication and ethical issues which affects the environment and encourge students and graduates to make infomed decisions.
All students also compleste a series of environmental science core courses which demonstrates the application of the basic science principles to solving a wide range of environmental problems.
All over the world people have become increasingly concerned about the safety of our food, water, and the air we breathe. Recent weather related events have further sparked an interest in understanding global climate change and how human activities are contributing to global warming.
1. Government Jobs -- EPA & other Federal, State, and Municipal
2. Industry -- Local, National, and International
3. Non-Profit -- Local, National, and International
4. Teaching and Research -- Masters and or PhD necessary for tertiary level teaching and research
5. Communications Industry -- News and Aids Organizations